1. Tonight's Municipal Council meeting has been rescheduled for tomorrow so council members can join the rest of the community for at the from 6 to 9 p.m. Join Norristown Community Policing and Town Watch for free swimming, food, dancing, a karate demonstration, emergency vehicle demonstrations and lots of information tables with giveaways. The program is meant to encourage communities to come together to have a night out against crime.
2. Softball to swimming is not too big a leap, but it’s that time of year again! Before you head to the Carver Center, stop by for the Montgomery Bar Association's First pitch is at 5:15 p.m. Come see all those lawyers and judges get down and dirty on the diamond.
3. Are the sports wearing on you lately? understands. Why not attend a today at 10:30 a.m. and find out what you can do to get your body where you want it to be?
4. Ever wondered about what it would be like to take your business idea to the next level? Ever thought there was no way you could learn what it is to own a business without expensive college classes? is hosting a free workshop called “ today at 1:30 p.m. at Montgomery County Community College. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity.
5. Think Norristown is a tough town? Try living in South London. In a housing block. When aliens attack. That's the premise of Attack the Block, the new movie from the producers of Shaun of the Dead and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. A teen gang must defend their home from invading monsters. Check out the trailer here. The movie is in limited release in L.A., New York and a few other cities, but the studio is holding a contest to see where to bring it next and Philadelphia is in the runnning. If you want to see this flick in our local multiplexes, go to the film's Facebook page and vote.