Peters Council is expected to make a decision Monday night on whether to approve a new crematory ordinance for the township.
A large crowd attended the first public hearing in October.
The public hearing begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the municipal building. Those wishing to testify at the hearing are encouraged to register in advance by contacting T. Gromek at 724-941-4180 or email MASilvestri@peterstownship.com.
Some of the revisions in the ordinance include:
- A crematory must be 750 feet from existing residences.
- Air emissions will be required to be monitored and studied by a third party.
- Operation is only allowed between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- No halogenic plastics can be burned.
- A certified crematory operator is required.
Click here and scroll to the bottom of the Peters Township website homepage to find the link to the entire proposed ordinance.
What are your thoughts on the revised crematory ordinance? Tell us in the comments below.