Now that we’ve made it through Hurricane Sandy and the sun is finally shining, I thought this would be the perfect weekend to cook out one last time before putting the grill away for the winter.
This recipe offers grilled chicken with a savory marinade combining fresh lime juice and chipotle chile.
So pull out the grill one last time and give this Fusion Grilled Chicken a shot!
Start by pounding the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In a shallow dish, whisk oil, tequila, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, ginger, chile, and salt. Reserve 1/3 cup of this marinade, then put the chicken in dish, turn to coat, and marinate 30 minutes.
Then grill chicken over medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer reserved marinade until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream, then remove from heat. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce and garnished with cilantro, if you like. Serve extra sauce and a green salad on the side.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup garlic-infused olive oil (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons each tequila and fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)