My uncle raved about this recipe for hot pepper mustard that a coworker had discovered while surfing allrecipes.com.
Perfect for people trying to rid themselves of their garden-grown peppers, this hot pepper mustard is perfect for everything from hot dogs to soft pretzels.
Here's what you need:
- 40 banana peppers (5-inches long, stems removed)
- 4 cups prepared yellow mustard
- 5 cups white sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
Here's what you do:
1. First things first: Remove the seeds from your peppers. After that, place them in a blender or food processor. Process them until they are smooth.
2. Pour the peppers into a large pot and stir in the mustard, sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil so that it is boiling so hard it cannot be stirred down.
3. Stir together the flour and water until smooth. Pour into the boiling mixture, and continue to allow to boil while stirring constantly for five minutes.
4. Pour into sterile pint jars and seal with new lids and rings.
5. Slather onto something yummy and enjoy!