With the Firebird Festival less than a week away, event organizer Henrik Stubbe Teglbjaerg is looking for volunteers to ensure the annual burning of the bird goes off without a hitch.
Teglbjaerg told Patch he is asking for assistance in a handful of areas.
- Volunteers to manage the burn bells, the contained fires that will heat the festival. Teglbjaerg said he’ll need folks to keep the bells burning and ensure they don't compromise the safety of guests.
- Wishbox table. As always, attendees can write wishes that will be burned along with the Firebird. Teglbjaerg needs volunteers to man the table.
- Donation booths. There will be two booths, and volunteers are needed to collect the recommended $3 gift from festivalgoers.
- From noon to 3 p.m., helpers will be needed to organize and assist the festival’s craft vendors.
- From 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Teglbjaerg needs assistance with crowd control.
Prospective volunteers can contact Teglbjaerg via email at email@example.com.
He will be meeting with volunteers on the third floor of Molly MaGuires on December 4 at 6:30 p.m. to organize the organizers. He encourages those interested in lending a hand to contact him before this meeting.