Budding and experienced young performers in and around Radnor now have a summer theater program they can call home.
With a mission of providing young people an opportunity to build character through theatrical experiences of quality, depth and meaning, Radnor Township School District will launch "Radnor Theatrical Apprentices" in June 2014. The program, which is a first in RTSD and facilitated by Radnor High School theater and gifted teacher Brian Dietzler with the support of the Radnor Educational Foundation, will encourage children and young adults ages 3-18 to explore the magic of theater and personal growth in a nurturing and safe environment for mind, body and spirit.
Enrollment is first come, first serve and begins April 22 for Radnor families. Registration for the general public opens April 28.
- April 22: In-person registration opens Tuesday, April 22 at Radnor Middle School (135 Louella Ave., Wayne). Families of RTSD students can register from 6-7:15 p.m. and must show proof of Radnor residency and a copy of the registrant's most recent RTSD report card.
- April 22: Radnor Township families of non-RTSD students can register in person at Radnor Middle School on April 22 from 7:15-8:30 p.m. and must show proof of Radnor residency.
- April 23-28: Registration forms will be available in the Radnor High School main office (130 King of Prussia Rd.) from April 23-28 for Radnor residents only. Registrants must complete the form and leave it in the main office to the attention of Brian Dietzler.
- April 28: Registration for the general public opens on Monday, April 28 at Radnor Middle School from 7-8:30 p.m.
- April 29: Mail in registration begins.
Four distinct troupes are available for eligible ages.
- "Broadway Buddies" troupe: 3-5 years old (June 25-July 3 & July 8-16) Details and pricing
- "Magic Makers" troupe: 6-8 years old (June 25-July 12) Details and pricing
- "Rising Stars" troupe: 9-11 years old (June 25-July 12) Details and pricing
- "Young Actors" troupe: 12-18 years old (June 25-July 19) Details and pricing
Visit the RTA webpage