Thefts: Computer, Ladders, Backpack
Read about some of the crimes reported last week in Radnor.
- A Villanova University-issued lap top computer was stolen from a classroom in Bartley Hall after its owner left it there around 6 p.m. on Oct. 24.
- Twenty-four and 32-foot ladders were reported stolen from the back yard of a home on Academy Lane in Bryn Mawr. Together they are valued at almost $700. The thefts were reported on Oct. 24, but the owner said they must have gone missing over the month prior.
- A Radnor child reported that his backpack went missing after he left it on a bench at the intersection of North Wayne and Lancaster avenues on Friday, Oct. 26. It contained school supplies and a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, valued at $200. Shortly after someone called and said that he had the backpack at the Radnor Library, however when a police officer met with a group of kids who had the bag, the headphones were missing from it. Hours later, the police officer reports getting back all of the items in the backpack.
- Two Philadelphia sisters, age 48 and 52, were reported to have been smoking marijuana in a car in the parking lot of TJ Maxx in St. Davids on Saturday, Oct. 27. An open bottle of peach vodka was also found in the car by police. The driver of the car will be charged for the marijuana possession.
- A 22-year-old woman from Media was issued a citation for attempting to steal something from Giant supermarket on Oct. 27. The item was valued at $19.75.
- A Mitt Romney political lawn sign was reported stolen from a front yard on Northwoods Road in Radnor on Oct. 26.