Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
An Evening with Elvis
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10. 5 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Ridge Avenue United Methodist Church, 7811 Ridge Ave
- Why Go: Church fundraiser. Enjoy a pulled pork dinner from 5 - 6 p.m. and then it's time for the show. Jeff Krick, Elvis tribute artist, will perform Elvis’ gospel music.
- Cost: $25
Veterans Day Services
- When: Sunday, Nov. 11. 11 a.m.
- Where: Gorgas Park War Memorial, Ridge Ave between Hermitage and Fountain Streets, Roxborough
- Why Go: The 21st Ward Veterans Association will be hosting Veterans Day services at the Gorgas Park War Memorial on Sunday, Nov. 11. The service will include a call to colors followed by the pledge of allegiance, invocation, remarks by a guest speaker, wreath placement honoring all veterans, rifle salute, taps, a benediction, and closing remarks. State Representative Pam Delissio is scheduled to share her remarks about Veterans Day. On Saturday, Veterans from the 21st Ward Veterans Association will be conducting a fundraising coin toss along Ridge Avenue. When you leave the house today, don't forget to bring extra coins to donate.
- Cost: Free