I was looking for Halloween cookie recipes online when I came across this one, submitted to TasteOfHome.com by Denise Smith of Wyoming.
It's so simple, and could be easily modified to meet your tastes. It also could be a quick solution for the mom who has to come up with dozens of treats for a Halloween party!
Here's what you need:
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped.
- 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter peanut butter cookies.
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips.
Now I don't know about you, but peanut allergies run in my family. Instead of Nutter Butters, I might use Milano cookies, or Nabisco Cameos to keep with the oval shape.
Here's what you do:
- Melt the candy coating in a microwave, and stir until smooth. Dip the cookies into the coating and place on waxed paper.
- While the coating is still warm, place two chips on each cookie for eyes. Then let me sit so the icing can set.
To see the full recipe with pictures, tips and tricks, see the recipe page on the Taste of Home website.