- All Patch sites, including Warminster Patch, will briefly go dark this morning at 9:30 a.m. in support of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting last week. Our thoughst and prayers continue to go to the families in Newtown, Conn.
- According to the township website, Christmas trees should be placed curbside the third Monday in January to be collected as yard waste and recycled. At any other time, it will be collected as a bulk item. One bulk item is permitted per week and are picked up on the second collection day of the week. Trees placed curbside must be bare. No lights, ornaments, or tinsel.
- Rainy day today, possibly turning into flurries, with highs near 48, according to the National Weather Service.
- House Speaker John Boehner's proposal to avert the looming fiscal cliff's automatic tax increases failed to curry enough Republican support Thursday night, after which Congress left for the holiday with no clear end in sight in the high-stakes debate, CNN reports.
- On this day, December 21, 1913, Arthur Wynne's "word-cross", the first crossword puzzle, is published in the New York World.
Warminster Patch Find Your Patch
Find Your Community
Find your Patch by name or zipcode.