With the alert activated, residents are reminded of the following:
- Remove all vehicles from the street
- Do not shovel, push, plow, or otherwise cause snow to be placed onto the public roadway
- Remove all snow and ice from your sidewalks within 24 hours after snow has ceased
- Clear any fire hydrant on your property within 24 hours after snow has ceased.
- Remove any basketball courts or other objects that protrude into the roadway.
According to latest projections, snow will accumulate between 3 to 7 inches Tuesday, with the possibility of an additional 3 to 7 inches Tuesday evening. Temperatures will fall into single digits overnight, with wind chill near 9 degrees below zero.
Travel will become hazardous as snow accumulates and temperatures fall through the teens. Blowing and drifting will add to the winter travel hazards, according to the township alert.
Classes at Centennial and Nativity of Our Lord were canceled Tuesday. As of 2 p.m., no decision has been made about closing school on Wednesday.