Sources say one of the two people injured in a gas explosion at an Upper Moreland Township home was a Navy SEAL who had just returned home to Warminster following a tour of duty in Afghanistan.
6ABC.com reports that 31-year-old Pasquale Troisi, of Warminster, was critically injured when a chiminea fireplace exploded in the back yard of a Hatboro home Friday evening. They report Troisi was at the home celebrating his return to the area at a party in his honor at the time of the incident.
He was medivaced to Temple University Hospital. Triosi's family members told 6ABC he would be in a medically induced coma for three weeks and in the hospital for at least three months.
Troisi, petty officer second class, had just returned to his mother's Warminster home Thursday along his fiancée and their two young sons, according to PhillyBurbs.com.
Triosi graduated from Archbishop Wood High School in 2001. He then joined the Navy and has since completed three tours of duty.