Mt. Hope Graduation Requirements Top Agenda of School Committee
The Bristol Warren Regional School Committee meets today, Jan. 13, at 7 pm in the Mt. Hope High School cafeteria.
The meeting starts at 7 pm. It will be held in the cafeteria of the high school on Chestnut Street in Bristol.
Administrators at the high school will make the presentations. In particular, they will explain the graduation requirements that involve at least partial proficiency on the NECAP assessment test and alternate options to meet that requirement if they are unable to meet NECAP requirements.
There is a policy for waiving the NECAP requirements. Click here to see the waiver on the Bristol-Warren schools website.
The program of studies for the 2014-2015 school year will include new options for students to help them meet the graduation requirements.
Here is the complete agenda for tonight's meeting:
BRISTOL WARREN REGIONAL SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING/WORKSHOP
Monday, January 13, 2014
MT. HOPE HIGH SCHOOL - CAFETERIA
199 Chestnut Street, Bristol
I. OPENING BUSINESS
1. Pledge of Allegiance
II. PUBLIC COMMENT / PUBLIC FORUM
III. AGENDA FOCUS
1. Mt. Hope High School Presentation
2. Mt. Hope High School Graduation Requirements Presentation
3. Mt. Hope Program of Studies Presentation
4. Wireless Classroom Initiative Grant Presentation
IV. SUPERINTENDENT’S RECOMMENDATION AND ISSUES:
1. Recommendation #S2014-01: That the School Committee,upon the recommendation of the Superintendent, and supported by the Budget/FacilitiesSubcommittee, approve the Wireless Classroom Initiative Grant Award and vendor selection
V. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
1. Requests from School Committee Members - Discussion