We can’t shake winter.
The calendar says spring is almost here. But it’s chilly, and there’s still ice and snow on the ground – and there’s always that threat of an early spring snowstorm.
We know you take extra care to protect yourself during these cold winter months. You bundle up to stay warm and drive slowly during snowstorms and downpours. But are you protecting your smartphone?
The following tips from AT&T will help keep your smartphone both safe and dry as you await spring’s arrival:
· When you head outside into the elements, keep your smartphone tucked in your bag or zipped away in your pocket. It is important to keep your smartphone dry. You don’t want it to fall into a puddle or snow pile, or land with a thud on a patch of ice.
· Keep your phone or device in a protective case, like Otterbox. These are often waterproof, drop resistant and dirt proof – perfect for muddy soccer fields
· Taking your smartphone with you on the road? Make sure you don’t leave it in your car during your 8-hour workday or overnight. Exposure to cold temperatures can drain your battery, cause condensation to form, or make the screen more brittle.
· If you do leave your phone in a cold spot for too long, bring it inside, turn it off and allow it to “warm” up to room temperature before you turn it back on.
· Charge your phone before you hit the road – a drained battery is a bummer when you’re trying to call for help after hitting one of those pesky spring potholes!
Smartphones are great tools for
· Are you looking for the best place for some late-season skiing or snowboarding? Download the free Ski and Snow Report smartphone app for IOS and Android users. Type in your favorite New England slope, and you can get notifications for up-to-the-minute snow and weather conditions. There’s even a five-day forecast!
· Need a quick weather update? Free weather apps, such as WeatherBug for IOS and Android users, can help you get ready for the next big storm – or dream about the weather at your favorite spring break destination.
· Finally, if you must hit the road this winter, do it with the help of free travel apps like the Mapquest app for Android and IOS users. You will benefit from the maps, GPS, and traffic updates – especially on stormy drvies. The voice navigation feature will allow you to focus on the road—and not on your smartphone.
As we endure the final days of winter, remember these tips and helpful apps. Spring is coming, we promise!