23 Aug 2014
63° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by smoneyyyyy

Police Log: Missing 'Lawn Jockey,' Flying Telephone

Information about the following incidents was supplied by the East Greenwich Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.

Police Log: Missing 'Lawn Jockey,' Flying Telephone

Monday, Jan. 13

8:09 a.m. – Police euthanized a racoon on a wood pile at a house on Division Road after the homeowner reported finding the animal, which appeared to be ill.

9:21 a.m. – The manager of Santander Bank on Main Street told police someone had damaged the metal railing leading to the bank’s entrance and surrounding shubbery, possibly a skateboarder. A lamp post was bent and partially out of the ground and a thin piece of wood had been left behind, possibly used as a ramp. The manager said she wanted the incident documented.

10:04 a.m. – A Kenyon Avenue resident told police her “lawn jockey” went missing sometime between the evening of Jan. 10 and the afternoon of Jan. 12. The lawn ornament with a lamp is about 4 feet tall and metal. The resident said it was very heavy and worth about $1,000.

3:09 p.m. – The store manager of Cumberland Farms on Post Road told police a customer finished buying gas but forgot to return the nozzle to the pump on Jan. 11. When the customer drove off, the nozzle and 4 feet of hose detached from the pump. She asked the incident recorded for insurance purposes.

4 p.m. – A Hunters Crossing resident told police she saw a black Infinity SUV back into her mailbox, shattering the SUV’s rear window. After a brief discussion, the resident went inside to get a pen and paper so they could exchange information, but when she returned outside, the Infinity was gone. Police tracked down the owner of the Infinity, another EG resident, on Jan. 14. He admitted to hitting the mailbox and said he would pay the damages.

Tuesday, Jan. 14

10:32 a.m. – The animal control officer spoke with a Water Street resident about a complaint that he was not picking up his dog’s waste. The resident said he’d been picking it up since he was told to last summer. The ACO also told him the dog needed to be licensed in the town and gave him until Jan. 20 to get that done.

11:01 a.m. – A Crompton Street resident told police his dinghy and canoe were both missing, the dinghy since April 2013 and the canoe since mid-December. He told police he hadn’t reported the thefts sooner because the dinghy had gone missing before but had turned up, so he thought it might again this time, but it didn’t. He estimated the dinghy’s value at $900 and the canoe’s at $2,500.

8:26 p.m. – Police arrested Kelsey A. Hornberger, 22, of Yucatan Drive, Warwick, on a District Court bench warrant and for driving with a suspended license, after she was pulled over on Main Street by Division Street because it appeared she was texting while driving. Routine checks turned up the license violation and the warrant. She was taken into custody, processed and brought before a bail commissioner. She was released with two court summones; her car was towed from the scene.

Wednesday, Jan. 15

9:25 a.m. – Police arrested Deborah F. Gadouas, 51, of Jacques Street, West Warwick, for disorderly conduct and refusing to relinquish a telephone, after an incident at the South County Trail workplace of her former girlfriend. According to the report, Gadouas arrived at the workplace and started yelling at the former girlfriend. When the former girlfriend lifted her desk phone to call the police, Gadouas allegedly took the receiver from her and threw it against a wall. After appearing to approach a co-worker who was going to use a cell phone to call police, Gadouas turned to leave, saying, “I’m not done with you yet!” Gadouas contacted police shortly after the incident and offered to come to the station for questioning. She was taken into custody and processed.

8:46 p.m. – Police arrested Joseph Henderson-King, 39, of Carrs Pond Road, for failing to stop after an accident. According to the police report, Henderson-King struck a car in the parking lot at Greenwich Liquors while the driver of the second car was sitting in it. The driver of the second car said he was going to call the police and then, allegedly, Henderson-King drove off. Police were able to find him because witnesses had taken his car’s license plate number, and they arrested him at his home. He admitted to having been involved in the accident. He was issued a court summons and told to report to EGPD for processing before his court date.

Share This Article