Here are five things you should know about today in East Providence:
- It will be generally sunny again today with a few afternoon clouds and temperatures in the low 40s.
- It's Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent, which is 40 days before Easter. East Providence's Catholic churches will have Lenten services.
- A Black History Month celebration takes place at 6 pm in the City Hall Council Chambers; sponsored by the Office of Affirmative Action.
- Relieve stiffness and maintain or improve your joint mobility and muscle strength with a "chair exercise" class at the East Providence Senior Center, 610 Waterman Ave. It starts at 10:45 am.
- East Bay Community Action's RSVP Program is sponsoring the VITA Free Tax Service through April 15. Program qualifying income is $51,000 and below. Call East Bay RSVP at 435-7876 for an appointment, location and directions.