Here are five things you should know about today in East Providence:
- Carry an umbrella with you today. Rain showers are forecast early with overcast skies shutting out the sun. But it will be unseasonably warm with temperatures reaching into the mid 50s.
- The East Providence/Seekonk Rotary Club meets every Monday at 12:15 pm at the Eleven Forty Nine East Restaurant, 965 Fall River Ave., Seekonk.
- The East Providence Recreation Center, 100 Bullocks Point Ave, hosts indoor soccer training today for two age groups – children 6-9 play from 4-5 pm and children 10-14 play from 5-6 pm. There is a $20 fee.
- The Fraternity of St. Francis Xavier food pantry is open today at 9:30 am and 6 pm. You must have a valid ID card can only come once a month.
- The Barrington Neighbors and Newcomers Club hosts tennis skills classes and workout at the tennis club at 55 Hospital Drive, Riverside, from 9 am to noon.