If you want to get the word out about your event, click here to add to the calendar.
- Ground Hog Day is on Saturday! The forecast for Groundhog day 2013 in Johnston calls for cloudy skies, a high of 31 degrees,
according to the National Weather Service. The forecast that matters on Groundhog Day—the one at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, Penn.—calls for snow showers and a high of 22 degrees. That means there’s a good chance of cloudy skies, and that means Punxsutawney Phil will not see his shadow. Not seeing his shadow means we may get an early spring after all!
- Give the gift of life this weekend. The American Red Cross and The Greater Rhode Island Baptist Temple are holding a blood drive on Sat. February 2nd from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Click here for more information.
- Drop in anytime between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the Marian J. Mohr Memorial Library Saturday for a craft program on Saturday. Click here for details.
- Stuck inside this weekend? Fuel your creative juices and write a blog on Johnston Patch.
Click here to submit.
- Join the Senior Center every Saturday night at 6 p.m. for card night. Call ahead to confirm, however. Click here for information.