Here are the (more than) Five Things for Saturday, March 17, 2012, along with the results of our Readers’ Choice for best St. Patrick’s Day place.
- With about two-thirds of the online poll and multiple comments for the honor, is the winner of this week’s Readers’ Choice! Become a fan of the restaurant via their Facebook page here. They’ll be open at 8 a.m. today for breakfast, featuring traditional Irish fare, and it’ll be followed by live music from 3 p.m. to close. Congrats!
- Courtesy of a reader, will have $0.69 corned beef sandwiches all day.
- Courtesy of a different reader, the South Kingstown Elks Club (60 Belmont Avenue) is offering a full dinner or $9 sandwiches, with all proceeds benefiting local charities. Dinner starts at 1 p.m.
- According to Nancy and Joe Shanahan, they are having two different fundraisers. They will be “spinning” at at 10 a.m., and then doing it again at 7:30 p.m. at . They are members of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training, and are planning for a 100-mile bike event at Lake Tahoe in June.
- At 10 a.m., is hosting , Irish-themed. This is primarily for the kids, and the event is free.
- Maybe the kids want a puppy instead though. Find that perfect lucky pup via an adoption event at from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more info, click . The event is being run in conjunction with the Animal Rescue League of Southern Rhode Island.
- North Kingstown High School student Kaiya DiPippo will be playing at the from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Want to be e-mailed when we have a new Five Things up? Click the “keep me notified!” button below.