The worst of the traffic will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the parade starts at 11 a.m.
Because parking will be limited, it's recommended that people coming to Newport to see the parade avoid Broadway.
The best way to get into the city and find public parking is to go west on Memoirial Boulevard, then right onto Bellevue Avenue (northbound), left on Church Street and right into the Waterfront Parking Lot (between Church and Mary Streets).
You can also go on Farewell Street south to America's Coup Avenue and right into the Gateway parking garage.
Parking will be prohibited on the following streets from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- Broadway from Cranston/Equality Park West to Washington Square
- Equality Park Place and Equality Park West
- Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Blvd. from Equality Park to Oak St.
- Washington Sq. from Broadway to Thames St.
- Thames St. from America’s Cup Ave. to Morton Ave.
- Carroll Ave. from Morton Ave. to Harrison Ave.
- Both sides of America’s Cup at the Gateway Center
- Narragansett Ave between Spring St and Bellevue Avenue.
During this year’s parade the Newport Police Department will be strictly enforcing City Ordinances (open containers of alcohol in public, noise violations and disorderly conduct, underage drinking) along the parade route and the surrounding areas. The Police Department will have a strong presence to make this a fun, safe and family friendly event.
Parade Begins: Lower Broadway
Thames St. southbound
XOA to America’s Cup southbound
Thames St southbound at Memorial Blvd.
Parade Ends at St. Augustin’s Church
Southbound Broadway diverted onto Marcas Wheatland Blvd southbound at Equality Park.
Spring St northbound diverted away from Broadway and up Bull St. to Kay St
Westbound Memorial Blvd West diverted northbound on Thames St at the Post Office Northbound Thames St diverted away from America’s Cup up Mill St to Spring St.