Teen arrested for assault, disorderly conduct charges
A 16-year-old girl was arrested on Sunday, May 13, for simple assault and disorderly conduct charges.
Police were dispatched to Child & Family on Girard Avenue for a reported assault against a staff member.
When police arrived, reports said three staff members were holding the girl down. Staff told police the girl was upset and began throwing things upstairs and locked another staff member in an office. She also reportedly threw a basket of fake fruit at a staff member.
Reports also said the girl grabbed a streak knife, which staff members wrestled away from her.
There were no injuries and the girl was transported to Newport Hospital for evaluation.
- Troy D. Butler, 38, of 35 Webster St., Newport, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 12, for an active bench warrant.
- Andre C. Paquette, 23, of 26 Pond Ave., Newport, was arrested around 6:40 p.m. on Saturday, May 12, for two active warrants.
- Burnell Mitchell, 51, of 42 Kingston Ave., Newport, was arrested around 10:38 p.m for an active bench warrant.
- Hayward C. Johnson, 19, of 145 Rogers Lane, Middletown, was arrested around 3:04 p.m. on Friday, May 11, for larceny under $500 and possession of parts of a stolen vehicle charges.
- Timothy Malone, 28, of 88 East Weatogue Rd., Simsbury, CT, was cited around 12:38 a.m. on Sunday, May 13, for urinating in public.
- Christopher J. Jordan, 36, of Newport, was arrested around 12:11 a.m. on Saturday, May 12, for a domestic simple assault charge.
The above reports detail arrests made by the . Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.