1. It's the last day of Festival of Lights. On tap today: tour eight historic houses with HistWick's Kitchen Tour, Santa arrives at the town dock at 12:30 p.m., hayrides with Santa around the village between 1 and 4 p.m., The Ladies of Rolling Pin perform at Updike Park between 3:15 and 4 p.m. and the NK Community Chorus and Youth Chorus Winter Concert performs at 3 p.m. at the high school. Get the full details (and post your pics!) here.
2. Shady Lea Mill is holdings its 15th Annual Open Studios weekend. Browse locally-made pottery sculpture, glass, pewter frames, photography, jewelry and more. Runs from noon to 5 p.m. today. Get the full rundown here.
3. Wickford isn't the only festive place in town this weekend. Head over to Smith's Castle for its annual "Christmas at the Castle" celebration. Enjoy delicious treats, apple cider and live entertainment at the castle, which will be decked out in period fashion. Admission is $5 for adults 13 and older, $2 for children 6 to 12 and free for kids under 6. Runs from noon to 4 p.m. today.
4. Tomorrow, the new members of the North Kingstown Town Council and School Committee will be sworn in at Beechwood Center at 7 p.m.
5. Today: a slight chance of rain before 8 a.m. with otherwise mostly cloudy skies and highs near 55. Tonight: a chance of showers with mostly cloudy skies and lows around 46. Tomorrow: mostly sunny with highs near 58.