1. Ray Rickman – a rare-book dealer – will be in town tonight to hold "Value of the Book" lecture and workshop. (Imagine "Antiques Roadshow," but with books.) Bring your rare first-edition copies, priceless signed books, etc. to the event (Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the North Kingstown Free Library) to find out what it's worth. Please register for this event here.
2. Wide World of Indoor Sports its holding its grand opening ceremony today. (The indoor sports facility is also offering free practice space to sports teams displaced by the mosquito "smart scheduling.") Welcome to the neighborhood, WWIS!
3. The first of two public workshops for the Route 2/102 visioning group is tomorrow night. The visioning group is looking for public input on what residents, business owners and interested parties would like to see in that area. Thursday's workshop starts at 7 p.m. at Wickford Middle School. (The second will be Oct. 15, also at WMS.)
4. I want to wish my friend (and fellow NKHS alum) Matt Dolan good luck today as he competes on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" in New York City. (I don't know when his episode airs, but I'll keep you all posted!) Good luck, Matt!
5. Today: isolated showers with cloudy skies and highs near 74. Tonight: scattered showers with cloudy skies and lows around 63. Tomorrow: a chance of showers with thunderstorms also possible, mostly cloudy with highs near 75.