20 Aug 2014
69° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch

Police Log: One Man, Five Warrants

Information about the following incidents was supplied by the North Kingstown Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.

Police Log: One Man, Five Warrants

Sunday, Jan. 12

12:46 p.m. – Police arrested Debra Jean Sroka, 41, of South Road, East Greenwich, for shoplifting at Walmart after she allegedly walked out of the store without paying for $86.01 worth of merchandise. She was taken into custody, processed and held for arraignment because she was on probation for a shoplifting charge from October. She was released on $1,000 surety bail after arraignment by a justice of the peace.

9:27 p.m. – Police were called to assist NKFD at a garage fire on Boston Neck Road. The garage was fully engulfed in flames by the time police arrived. No one was home at the time, but by 10 p.m. the property owner arrived home. He said there was no electricity or heat source in the garage so he wasn't sure how it could have started. The garage, determined to be a "complete loss," contained a rider mower, a bicycles and an assortment of tools and other equipment.

Monday, Jan. 13

12:25 p.m. – Police arrested Rachelle V. Pelletier, 21, of Wickham Road, at her home on a warrant from Coventry PD for simple assault and vandalism. She was taken into custody, processed and transferred to Coventry PD.

3:40 p.m. – Police arrested Phillip M. Wholey, 24, of Annaquatucket Road, for domestic simple assault and disorderly conduct after he allegedly threw an X-Box remote at his fiance that hit the head of the baby she was holding. Wholey admitted to throwing the remote, but said it had not been his intention to hit anyone with it. The baby was treated at the hospital; Wholey was taken into custody. While at the station, he complained of feeling ill, so was transferred to Kent Hospital. After he was released from the emergency room, Wholey was returned to NKPD for processing.

Tuesday, Jan. 14

5:02 p.m. – Police arrested Carlos A. Depina Duarte, 21, of Heaton Street, Pawtucket, for driving with a suspended license after he was stopped while driving on Route 4 northbound for swerving while driving and not activating his turn signal long enough before changing lanes. Duarte immediately told the officer his license was suspended. He was taken into custody, processed and issued a district court summons. His car was towed from the scene.

Wednesday, Jan. 15

8 a.m. – Police were called to investigate a structure in the woods near Calf Pasture Point on a tip. The structure was about 20 feet by 20 feet and made of large branches and a tarp. Inside, police found a small fire pit, a blanket and a small collection of empty beer cans. It did not appear to have been used as a camp. According to the report, police thought it looked like it was being used as a fort by juveniles. Police dismantled the structure.

8:26 a.m. – The owners of a trucking company on Compass Circle told police headlights on two of their trucks had been shot at with a BB gun. 

6:16 p.m. – Police arrested Nicholas Lee Madden, 28, of Lafayette Road, for failing to stop after an accident, driving with a suspended license, and on several warrants, after he allegedly hit a car at Ten Road Road and South County Trail then ran because of the outstanding warrants. According to the report, Madden had two District Court warrants, a family court warrant, a Superior Court warrant and a warrant from the R.I. Attorney General's office. At the station, Madden complained of head pain and dizziness. He was taken by NKFD rescue to Kent Hospital, then to the ACI after he was discharged. 

7:19 p.m. – Police arrested Richard Alfred Leonard, 35, of Essex Road, on a Superior Court bench warrant. Police went to his house after getting notification of Leonard's failure to appear from the Washington County Attorney General office. He was processed at the station then transferred to the Adult Correctional Institutions.

Share This Article