You just knew the great weather couldn't last — but there's still lots of things to do in and around Smithfield this weekend.
With the forecast calling for rain on Friday with clearing Saturday night into Sunday, you may have to dodge a few drops on your way to local events.
Click each blue link for more information — and be sure to call ahead to confirm.
Friday, June 7:
- All day: National Donut Day at Dunkin' Donuts, 970 Douglas Pike. Get a free donut with purchase of a drink.
- 12 pm: Public Skating at Smithfield Municipal Ice Rink. $3 admission/$5 skate rentals. Read about the ongoing improvements to the ice rink. Also June 9 at 12 pm.
- 8 pm: Ghost Tour starting at Prospect Terrace in Providence. Take a walking tour of the darkened streets of the historic East Side and see what happens. $18. Also June 9 at 8 pm
- All day: Summer Camp Registration at Mother of Hope Camp, located on Echo Lake in Chepachet. $160 per camper, $150 each sibling. For a complete list of area summer camps, click here. Also June 8 and 9.
Saturday, June 8:
- 10 am: Art Festival at Garden City Shopping Center, Cranston. Head down I-295 to Reservoir Avenue and check out more than 140 artists — plus, the Big Nazo Puppet Band is scheduled to make an appearance. Also June 9.
Sunday, June 9:
- 7 pm: In Memory of Dennis Benefit at J & D Family Restaurant.
Held in honor of J & D owner Dennis Allaire, who passed away in June 2012, and longtime Valley Breeze Observer writer Peter Connell of Smithfield, who passed away in October, 2012. Dress in purple to show your support. Balloon release at 7:30 pm. $30.
Don't see your event? Here's how to get your event listed for next Friday's "What's Happening" article:
- Click to visit the Smithfield Patch Calendar.
- Click the "Post an Event" button.
- Add your event and submit. Deadline: Thursday at 4 pm.