Del. Scott Surovell (D-44th) has endorsed Patrick Hope for Congress in Virginia’s 8th congressional District Democratic primary race. Surovell joined Hope Wednesday to kick off his Northern Virginia Transit Tour on Metro’s Yellow Line, and to advocate for an extension of the Metro past Huntington.
In his endorsement, Surovell highlighted Hope as “a solid progressive and great ally,” and commended Hope for speaking about issues in his campaign that matter to 8th District voters in southern Fairfax County. Hope has been speaking extensively about predatory "payday lenders" on the Route 1 corridor, and extending the Yellow Line through Ft. Belvoir.
“Scott and I were elected to the legislature in the same year, and he’s been a great progressive partner ever since," Hope said in a news release. "Nobody knows the issues facing southern Fairfax better than Scott Surovell, which is why I am so honored to have his support. I look forward to continuing to work with Delegate Surovell to find ways to catalyze economic growth in southern Fairfax County.”
The 44th Delegate district sits entirely within the 8th congressional District and has the highest number of primary voters who lack a hometown candidate in the race of any district, Hope's campaign pointed out.
- Video: Virginia 8th Congressional District Candidates' Forum
- Adam Ebbin Wins 8th Congressional District Straw Poll in Alexandria
- Alexandrians Mark Levine, Derek Hyra Enter Race for Congress
- Community Leader Lavern Chatman Enters Congressional Race
- State Sen. Adam Ebbin Announces Run for Congress
- Charniele Herring Enters Race for Congress
- Sickles Joins Growing List of Democrats Seeking 8th Congressional District Nod
- Alexandria Mayor Bill Euille Enters Congressional Race
- Patrick Hope Launches Congressional Campaign
- Report: Don Beyer to Enter Race for Congress
- After Jim Moran: Awaiting a Swarm of Potential Successors