Arlington, VA – Stars and stripes forever! Celebrate America’s birthday this Fourth of July weekend atCapitol City Brewing Company as they showcase an original patriotic beer and introduce several additional festive food and drink specials. Refreshing with a pleasant fruit character, the Red, Wheat, and Blue beer is brewed with fresh red raspberries, white wheat malt and ripe blueberries and then fermented on a Bavarian yeast strain. The light-bodied brew has a 5.2% ABV and 16 IBU and will be available at both the downtown DC and the Shirlington Village location while supplies last.
In addition to the Red, Wheat, and Blue beer, the Shirlington Village location will also serve several drink and food specials from Friday, July 4 – Sunday, July 6 as well as give 10 percent off to all members of the military (active military ID required). Food specials include a Burger and Beer Combo (BBQ pulled pork on top of a beef patty garnished with lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles on a Kaiser roll), or a Wing and Beer Combo(choice of atomic sauce, BBQ sauce or Old Bay and served with blue cheese dressing). Food combos include one of Capitol City’s “Core Four” beers -- Capitol Kolsch, Amber Waves, Pale Rider or Prohibition Porter. American-themed cocktails will include:
· Stars n Stripes – Hypnotiq and Absolut Citron with a splash of sprite and a splash of grenadine ($8)
· Blue Independence – Cap City’s Margarita with a splash of Blue Curacao ($8)
· American Hero – Skyy Wild Strawberry Vodka with lemonade ($8)
· American Spirit – Malibu Rum with banana liquor topped off with pineapple juice and a splash of grenadine ($8)
· Firecracker Flight – Three separate shots to represent the colors on the American Flag ($10)
For more information on Capitol City Brewing Company, please visit: www.capcitybrew.com. Find Capitol City Brewing Company on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CapCityBrew and on Twitter: @CapCityBrewers.