Arlington Public Schools announced the following delays and cancellations for Wednesday:
All Arlington Public Schools will open two hours late today, Jan. 29 and will end at the normal dismissal time.
There will be no elementary early release and all morning field trips are canceled.
The Extended Day program will also open two hours late.
All administrative offices and the pools will open on time.
The Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation announced the following schedule changes for Wednesday:
- All Preschool programs are cancelled.
- All congregate meal programs are cancelled.
- All Enjoy Arlington classes, 55+ classes, trips, nature center programs and sports league activities scheduled to start prior to 11:59 a.m. will be cancelled in all buildings.
- All Enjoy Arlington classes, 55+ classes, trips, nature center programs and sports league activities with scheduled start times of NOON or later will proceed as scheduled.
- All evening Enjoy Arlington classes, sports league activities and nature center programs will proceed as scheduled.
- All swimming pools (W-L, Wakefield, and Yorktown) will proceed as scheduled unless there is a later opening time announced based on weather conditions and the status of snow removal. The decision to delay the opening of one or more pools will be made by APS.
- All community centers including the five joint-use facilities (located at Carver, Drew, Gunston, Langston, and Thomas Jefferson) will proceed as scheduled unless there is a later opening time announced based on weather conditions and the status of snow removal.
- Please check the DPR Inclement Weather Tape (703) 228-4715) and email before heading out to your destination as things may change throughout the day as the weather situation progresses.