Taking Flight Theatre Company is set to close its 2012 season with Peter Shaffer’s Tony Award winning thriller Equus, which runs November 2-4, 9-11 and 16-17.
Equus, a Tony Award-winning psychological thriller inspired by a true story, tells the story of psychiatrist Dr. Dysart and his young patient, Alan Strang. Alan's dangerous obsession with horses leads him to commit an unthinkable crime, which leaves Dr. Dysart trying to unravel the reason why and leads to his own crisis of self-doubt. The show is filled with confrontation and mystery as it explores the relationships between devotion, myth and sexuality.
Produced by Colleen Stock (Ashburn), Equus will be directed by Haley Murphy (Great Falls), co-stage managed by Joan Lada (Reston) and Alex Lee (Leesburg), and choreographed by Heide Zufall (Reston). The cast includes:
- Sally Cusenza (McLean) as Dora
- Susan D. Garvey (Reston) as Hesther
- Shaina Higgins (Woodbridge) as Jill
- Wayne Jacques (Ashburn) as Nurse
- Bryan Maas (Chantilly) as Alan
- Tel Monks (Reston) as Dysart
- David Segal (Herndon) as Frank
- Dino Coppa (Leesburg) as Harry Dalton
- Will Spilman (Reston) as Nugget
Additional horse roles:
- Sam Hall (Reston)
- Robin Lundgren (Great Falls)
- Kate Meier (Leesburg)
- Cathy Rieder (Great Falls)
- Christoff Visscher (Silver Spring)
Friday and Saturday performances begin at 8 p.m. while Sunday performances begin at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $10 for students and seniors, and can be purchased online at tftheatre.org. Cash, check or credit cards are accepted at the door. All performances will be at the Waddell Theatre on NOVA’s Loudoun Campus.