A very popular exercise many participate in using DVDs is now being offered at a local Chantilly exercise studio.
The exercise, P90X, is being offered at Complete Fitness Concepts. Beth Skinner and her business partner were certified by P90X to teach the exercise. The classes are offered to the before-work crowd mornings at 7 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and on Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m. for stay-at-home moms and others. All ages attend the classes.
Some of the benefits of working out at the studio versus exercising to the DVD, Skinner pointed out, are:
- The social aspect (people often do P90X in their home; solo workouts can be hard for self-motivation).
- The class is taught by someone (which means the attendees get live feedback and live motivation)
- The class has more variety than DVDs
- The class is taught by someone who is not only P90X-certified, it is taught by certified Personal Trainers who can cater to individuals' fitness levels, needs, modifications,corrective exercise etc.
- P90X Remix is fun - can be adapted to all levels (in a safe, fun environment)
- No membership
- Competitive rates
- Convenient location
- Private gym setting
- It's fun!!
Skinner, originally from upstate New York, said she became interested in becoming a personal trainer after getting injured while running "pulling a hamstring and fracturing a toe and stuff like that." She's worked as a personal trainer for four years.
After earning a business degree, she was in HR for nine years. "I still work with people, there's a lot of problem-solving," she said. "HR segued into fitness. I help clients ascertain what their goals are and help them achieve their goals."
The club offers unlimited classes for a monthly fee of $60 or three months for $150.