Looking to get out and about this weekend? We've got you covered with plenty of doings for the whole family, from Friday to Sunday.
- The Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, featuring Christina Jennings playing the flute, is playing at George Mason University's Center for the Arts Saturday at 8 p.m. in the Concert Hall. (A pre-concert lecture starts at 7 p.m.) Tickets are $25 to $55, with GMU students admitted for free. For more information, go here.
- The Home and Remodeling Show takes place Friday through Sunday at the Dulles Expo Center. The show is headlined this year by real estate mogul Josh Flagg (of "Million Dollar Listing" fame, on Bravo), Heloise of "Hints from Heloise," and Mike Baird of Spike TV's "Flip Men." Show tickets are $10, $3 for ages 6-12 and free for ages 5 and younger. Click on the link for show hours and more information.
- In the mood to celebrate President Obama's inauguration? Then head to the Blue Jeans Inaugural Ball Saturday 7 p.m. to midnight, at the Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center. Click on the link to purchase tickets/make reservations. Tickets are $75.
- Mount Vernon will celebrate the Presidential Inauguration Friday through Monday with special activities surrounding the occasion, including a scavenger hunt. Visitors can take the oath of office with a lifesize replica of the first president. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $17 for adults; $8 ages 6-11; 5 and younger are admitted free.
- Disney's "The Little Mermaid," is the featured production by the Northern Virginia Players Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 1:30 p.m. and Sunday at 7:30 p.m. at the Family Worship Center, 7719 Fullerton Road in Springfield. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased online by clicking on the link.
Know of a great weekend event? Add it in the Comments box below!