If we lose power and our Internet connections when Hurricane Sandy goes through the mid-Atlantic region, you'll want the Patch app to keep updated with local information.
Patch offers a free app for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad (available for download here).
According to our App Store description, our app allows residents to:
- the most relevant local news, events and editor tweets
- the weather report and forecast
- community news, photos and videos
- Your voice, by commenting on a story
- Your photos, by uploading them to stories and business listings
- Your favorite stories and business listings, by sharing them on Facebook or via email
- Your feedback about the app, by sending it directly to our team
- Events to your iPhone’s calendar in seconds
- Your favorite stories, business listings and events for easy access (We have baked in a feature that lets users cache any Patch content for offline viewing–in airports, subways, etc.