After three months of extensive renovation, Austin Grill and Tequila Bar in Old Town Alexandria will reopen on Monday.
Featuring a completely new interior design blending a touch of Mexico with a bit of Texas style and Austin attitude, the restaurant decor will feature wood tones and dramatic lighting.
With expanded offerings of Tex-Mex-inspired cuisine and 100 tequila selections, the long-time Alexandria favorite, located at 801 King St., will still offer a variety of heritage menu items including Fajitas, Baby Back Ribs and signature Austin Wings.
Elements of the remodel design, new menu and enhanced tequila selection include:
- Refurbished bar design including a centerpiece “Wall of Tequila” affectionately referred to as the “Stairway to Heaven”
- 100 bottles of tequila selections ranging from $5 to $50 a serving
- Guacamole made tableside to individual guest preferences
- New design elements developed by renowned restaurant architect and designer Pamela Manhas of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- New appetizers with added seafood selections including Ahi Tuna Tacos, Brushfire Shrimp and Catfish Fritters
- New entrée items fusing traditional Tex-Mex comfort cuisine with a culinary flare such as the Tequila Lime Sirloin, Mac & Cheese, South Padre Jambalaya, Texas Fried Chicken and Tumbleweed Burger
- A “graffiti style mural” will showcase the exciting energy of the new Austin Grill experience
- The new décor features a "monument to tequila" - a custom-designed chandelier showcasing a variety of the tequila bottles offered at the bar
“We have enjoyed a great reputation in Old Town and now look forward to taking the unique Austin Grill and Tequila Bar experience to the next level,” said Shawn O’Quinn, senior vice president, in a news release. “When we welcome everyone back on Monday, April 7, the interior and our menu will be fully transformed, but we will still retain our unique personality, which has always attracted a loyal following of Old Town guests.”
Austin Grill and Tequila Bar will host a series of events as part of the Grand Opening. These events will include:
Grand Re-opening (Monday, 11 a.m.): Open to the public serving lunch, happy hour, dinner and late-night menu.
Welcome Back Grand Re-opening Party (Monday, April 14; 4-7 p.m.): A special party for loyal guests from way back and welcoming of new friends with special tasting of featured menu items.
Later this month, the restaurant will also hold a fundraiser for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and be counting down to Cinco de Mayo. Patch will provide more information on these events as the dates get closer.