The handicapped-accessible, full-service mobile office provides all DMV transactions including:
- applying for and renewing driver’s licenses
- learner's permits
- obtaining ID cards (including photos) and Virginia’s veterans ID cards
- taking road, vision and knowledge tests
- obtaining copies of driving records
- obtaining vehicle titles, license plates, decals, and transcripts
- ordering disabled parking placards or plates
- ordering personalized or specialty plates
- updating an address after a move for DMV and voter registration purposes
- paying driver's license reinstatement fees
- providing proof of insurance and more.
Customers should be prepared with the required documents to complete transactions. The VA DMV's web site is www.dmvnow.com and their phone center number is (804) 497-7100.This event is co-hosted by Tom Clinton, Commissioner of the Revenue, the City of Falls Church DMV Select Office, the City of Falls Church and the Virginia DMV. This event is open to all Virginia residents. No appointments are necessary.
Can't make it on Friday? The DMV2Go van will be in front of the City Hall building on the second Friday of every month in 2014 (November's appearance will be Nov. 7).
Come and visit the RV and take a quick tour! You've never been in a DMV Customer Service Center Office quite like this one. Have any questions? Call Tom Clinton at (703) 248-5023 or e-mail him at: email@example.com.
Date: Friday, May 9
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Venue: City Hall Building - in front of the building next to the flagsAddress: 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22046