Icy roads Wednesday morning across Northern Virginia means a two-hour delay for Fairfax County public schools, according to an announcement from FCPS:
- Wed., Dec. 11 - 4:15 a.m. - All Fairfax County public schools will open two hours late on Wednesday, December 11. Offices will open on time.
- Morning preschool (special education) classes are canceled.
- Afternoon preschool (special education) classes start on their regular schedule.
- Full-day preschool (special education) and Family and Early Childhood Education Program/Head Start classes start two hours later than the regular schedule.
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- SACC centers will be open by 7:15 a.m.
- Morning transportation for high school academy classes is canceled.
- Adult and community education classes will start on time.