Most people are sound asleep at 3 a.m., and that's what a Falls Church family was doing in the early hours Sunday morning, until they heard the sound of their dog barking.
Opening their bedroom door to see what all the commotion was about, they could see the beams of someone's flashlight. Quickly locking the bedroom door, they called 9-1-1.
The City of Falls Church Police Department is investigating the burglary that occurred Sunday just before 3 a.m. in the 200 block of East Columbia Street.
Police say suspects entered the home through a partially locked door, making off with cash from inside the home.
Police were unable to locate the suspects; no description was given.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the City of Falls Church Police at 703-248-5053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Keeping Your Home Safe
- The MOST important thing you can do is call the police to report a crime or any suspicious activity. Be the eyes of your neighborhood.
- Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is for a short time, lock your doors.
- Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect some lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off during the day.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked.