All Fairfax County public schools will be closed Tuesday, January 7, due to "dangerously low temperatures and wind chill," the district announced Monday evening.
Offices will be open.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled:
- extracurricular activities
- interscholastic contests
- team practices
- field trips
- middle school after-school programs
- professional learning and training courses
- all adult and community education classes
- recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed as well, the district said.
CHECK BACK TO THIS ARTICLE AS WE ADD MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CLOSURES IN THE HERNDON/FAIRFAX COUNTY AREA.
DON'T MISS ANY ALERTS—FOLLOW HERNDON PATCH!
Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates