Decisions Made on Fairfax County Schools, Federal Government, Other Delays and Closures
Weather forecast calls for more snow.
Here is full information from Fairfax County:
• Fairfax County Government offices are open Tuesday December 10, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
• Fairfax County Public Schools are closed Tuesday December 10 . School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
• The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open on time.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
• If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
• For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
• The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
• Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
• For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
• Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Emergency information is available on Fairfax County’s Web site ( www.fairfaxcounty.gov), Emergency Information Blog ( www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/blog), Facebook ( www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty), Twitter ( www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty), the Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/cean or by calling the Fairfax County Emergency Information Hotline at 703-817-7771, TTY 711.
Winter weather preparedness information can be found online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/emergency/prepare/winter.