The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 8th Congressional District Candidate Reception on Thursday, May 8 from 6-8 p.m. at the Springfield Golf & Country Club. The country club is located at 8301 Old Keene Mill Road in Springfield.
The chamber says the "lively after-hours networking reception is open to Fairfax Chamber members and non-members. Refreshments will be provided." Entrance is free for Chamber members and $30 for non-members. All are encouraged to RSVP here as it is likely to sell out, according to the Chamber.
Both Democratic candidates and the Republican candidate are invited to the reception.
Virginia’s 8th congressional District is currently represented in Congress by Democratic Congressman James P. “Jim” Moran, Jr. Moran announced his retirement from Congress in January. The 8th District is composed of four jurisdictions: the City of Alexandria, the City of Falls Church, Arlington County and part of Fairfax County.
- Alexandrians Mark Levine, Derek Hyra Enter Race for Congress
- Community Leader Lavern Chatman Enters Congressional Race
- State Sen. Adam Ebbin Announces Run for Congress
- Charniele Herring Enters Race for Congress
- Sickles Joins Growing List of Democrats Seeking 8th Congressional District Nod
- Alexandria Mayor Bill Euille Enters Congressional Race
- Patrick Hope Launches Congressional Campaign
- Report: Don Beyer to Enter Race for Congress
- After Jim Moran: Awaiting a Swarm of Potential Successors