Release, Town of Leesburg:
The Town of Leesburg is proud to announce the 13th Annual Business Awards. Nominations are now being accepted for outstanding business practices as they apply in ten award categories:
• Ambassador Award - Celebrates a business or organization that has promotes a positive image of Leesburg as a business location or tourist destination.
• Community Steward Award - Celebrates a business or organization that actively contributes its time, talent and resources to community improvement efforts.
• Environmental Award - Celebrates a business that leads or participates in activities that benefit the environment through its business practices and policies.
• Heritage Award - Celebrates a thriving business or organization that has made a long-term commitment to preserving the integrity and character of Leesburg’s Historic Downtown.
• Home-Based Business Award - Celebrates the owner of a unique business, operated from a residence located within Leesburg.
• Innovations Award - Celebrates a business or organization that has brought recognition to Leesburg through innovative business ventures, unique product development or other cutting edge business practices.
• New Business Award - Celebrates a new business started since 2011 that is respectful of Leesburg’s past and represents the best of the Town’s future.
• Public Art Award - Celebrates a business or organization that contributes to the development of the Town’s public art program, or actively supports the arts within the Town of Leesburg.
• Veterans Affairs Award - Celebrates an individual, business or organization that supports veterans of all conflicts.
• The George C. Marshall Award - Celebrates an individual who has demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the community above and beyond business contributions.
Eligible nominees for all categories must have the primary physical location of the company, organization or business entity within the corporate limits of the Town of Leesburg. Businesses must possess a valid Town of Leesburg business license, must be in compliance with all Town ordinances and must have been in operation for at least one year. Persons nominated for the George C. Marshall Corporate Citizen Award do not need to reside within the Town.
Nominations may be submitted online (
www.leesburgva.gov/business) or nomination forms can be downloaded from the website and submitted by mail, via fax or in person. Nomination deadline is Friday, March 28, 2014.
The nominees and award recipients will be recognized at the 13th Annual Business Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at the Tally Ho Theatre (19 West Market Street) in Historic Downtown Leesburg. For more information, please contact Doug Parsons at 703-771-6530 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses that have been operating in Leesburg for 25 or more years will also be recognized at the Reception with “Legacy Business” certificates. Nominations for Legacy Businesses may be submitted via email to Doug Parsons (email@example.com).