The data showed calls for service have increased 6 percent, from 10,831 for the same period in 2013 to 11,484 for the first three months of 2014.
Other trends noted by the department:
- Decreases in all major crime indicators (Group A, Part 1, Violent Crime, Property Crime)
- Significant decrease in Larcenies (shoplifting) showing positive results from “Blitzes”
- Increase of 2 events in Robbery category (street robberies)
- Increases in Narcotic cases — seeing more heroin cases than same period last year
- Attempted Fraud /impersonation cases increased similar to region wide trend (person(s) identifying themselves as law enforcement or IRS and attempting to get money in return for not prosecuting).