Firefighters had to use a mobile water tanker to put out a house fire in the Bristow area Wednesday afternoon, according to Prince William County Fire and Rescue.
Crews responded at 5:15 p.m. to a structure fire in the 12000 block of Lucasville Road. The fire was located in the basement of the home, according to a release.
"This area is without fire hydrants; therefore, firefighting operations required the use of mobile water tankers to transport water to the location to provide water for
extinguishment of the fire," said Fire and Rescue spokesperson Kim Hylander.
One resident was at home at the time of the fire, but had evacuated by the time fire crews arrived. No injuries were reported and a family of two was displaced.
A preliminary investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental and originated in the wall, near the wood stove pipe.