In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "Board Wants More Time to Weigh Advanced Academics Shift" Fairfax County school board members say questions are unanswered, changes need to be part of broader discussion about future.
- "Fiscal Cliff Carolers Serenade Mall Shoppers [VIDEO]" More than 20 carolers turned out to sing about the fiscal cliff at Tysons Corner Center on Monday.
- "Hardcopy Math Books to Return to Some Fairfax Classrooms" System renegotiates with publishers to purchase books after online subscriptions fall short.
- " Moran's girlfriend releases statement calling police report 'inaccurate,' saying that she fell.
- "Local Road Funds Unlikely to Come from General Assembly" Virginia officials doubt Fairfax County will get money for transportation projects in 2013 legislative session.
- "Consider Donating to a Local McLean Charity This Holiday Season" There are several local organizations worthy of your support.
- "Safeway Grocery Stores Launch Gas Rewards Program" The program, which launched this month, will give shoppers points from store purchases to use on gas purchases.
- "Fairfax Officials: Sequestration Would Impact Budget By Spring" County relies on $290 million in Federal dollars, including $135 million for schools.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: McDonald's" In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "CDC Says the Season Is Here: Where to Get Flu Shots in McLean" How to recognize symptoms and what to know about treatment if you get sick.
- "Airport Holiday Travel Tips from MWAA" Information, websites and more that can help you get through the airport.
- "Fairfax County Election Commission to Start Work in 2013" Group will focus on reducing wait times at county polls.
- " Baking Up A Storm for the Holidays? Local Deals on Baking Goods" Short on sugar? Scout out these sales at our local grocery stores.