In case you weren't checking into McLean Patch every day (and if you didn't, you should start by signing up for our daily email newsletter), here is a round-up of what happened around the neighborhood this week.
- "" Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department responded to downed tree on Addey Court.
- "'A' in USA TODAY Sign Blown Off Gannett Building" Letter dislodged Monday as wind speeds in Northern Virginia picked up from Hurricane Sandy.
- "McLean Crime Blotter: Oct. 18-24" A summary of the latest McLean incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police. Where an arrest is mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- "Gov. McDonnell: Virginia 'Spared' in Hurricane Sandy Damage" The governor said power should be restored to all Dominion customers by Thursday.
- "PHOTOS: Clean-Up Commences in McLean" Sandy blew through on Monday night and wrecked havoc on trees and power lines around McLean.
- "Foust: Storm Communication Has Been 'Phenomenal'" Dranesville District supervisor John Foust says county was better prepared to handle Sandy.
- "McLean Power Outage Update: Thousands in the Dark Tuesday" McLean Patch has compiled a list of outages submitted by McLean residents.
- "Starbucks Offers Crucial Caffeine Jolt to McLean Customers After Sandy" With much of downtown McLean in the dark on Tuesday morning, residents flocked to Giant, which was running on generator power.
- "McLean: What You Need to Know Post-Sandy" For the most part, things returned to normal on Wednesday.
- "I-495 Beltway Express Lanes to Open as Early as Nov. 17" High occupancy toll lanes were originally scheduled to open in December.
- "Dentists Buying Back Halloween Candy for Troops" The Halloween candy will be shipped to U.S. Military overseas.
- "McLean Restaurant Inspections: Legal Sea Foods and Other Mall Eateries" In this column, Patch publishes the latest round of McLean restaurant reports.
- "Ask the Candidates: Virginia's 10th Congressional District" You asked, 10th District hopefuls answer your questions ahead of Nov. 6 elections.