A maintenance storage building at the
Madeira School in McLean caught fire over the weekend, causing a total loss of the building but no injuries.
The fire remained under investigation Monday afternoon, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue spokesman Dan Schmidt told Patch.
Firefighters were called to the blaze, at 8328 Georgetown Pike, shortly after 4 p.m. Sunday.
The building, about 75 feet on all sides, was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived. It took about 40 minutes to bring the fire under control, Schmidt said.
A "few" propane and diesel tanks were near the building, but firefighters were able to use water to cool them and keep them from exploding, he said.
The building is not attached to the school. It's located near the tennis courts.