By Rachel Hatzipanagos
The Fairfax County Park Authority is hosting a T-shirt design contest for youths ages 12 to 18. The contest is mean to promote the county’s “ Take Back the Forest Initiative” to restore native habitat on parkland.
The winner will receive a $50 REI gift certificate and a free T-Shirt. Volunteers will wear the winning T-shirt design while removing non-native invasive plants at clean-ups scheduled from April 15 through May 15 of next year.
The park authority has released the following guidelines on art submissions:
- All artwork must be original
- Maximum of three colors
- No gradients or transparent layers
- Size must be 12 x 12 inches
- Include the words "Take Back the Forest" in the design
- Artwork may be submitted online as PDF file (10MB max)
- The winning design will be selected by a panel of judges
- Artwork will not be returned
Visit Take Back the Forest website to view the full rules and enter the contest. For more information, please contact Erin Stockschlaeder at 703-324-8681.
The deadline to submit a design is January 10.