Severance, 53, is the man who was picked up March 13 by police in Wheeling, W.Va. on a gun charge and who Alexandria officials are interested in talking to in connection with three high-profile homicides; the homicides include Ruthanne Lodato, a local music teacher killed in a fatal shooting at her home on Feb. 6.
Severance was taken Monday to the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center, in Leesburg, according to The Washington Post.
The West Virginia Supreme Court last Tuesday unanimously denied a stay of extradition by Severance, arrested on a Loudoun County gun possession charge.
Severance’s name was brought to the attention of the Alexandria Police Department during the routine analysis of crime tips, according to police. Further investigation by multiple law enforcement agencies determined that Severance is a convicted felon in unlawful possession of firearms, police noted.
The Alexandria Police Department has not charged Severance with any crime at this time. Detectives continue to follow up on the crime tip information; however, it is premature to name him as the only possible suspect in these investigations, the Alexandria Police Department has said.
- Alexandria Resident Ruthanne Lodato Killed in Shooting Thursday
- Shooting Victim Ruthanne Lodato was Mother of 3, Music Teacher
- Ruthanne Lodato Homicide: Alexandria Police Chief, Mayor Attempt to Reassure Community
- Alexandria Police Release Sketch of Suspected Shooter in Lodato Murder
- Police Restrict Access to Streets Around Shooting
- Ruthanne Lodato Funeral: Hundreds Gather to Say Goodbye
- Police to Hold News Conference on Lodato Homicide Investigation
- VIDEO: Alexandria Police Chief Doesn't Rule Out Serial Killer
- What Ties Lodato Homicide to Other Victims?
- Prosecutor: Man Wanted for Questioning in Alexandria Slayings 'A Danger'; 2 Guns Missing
- Public Defender Says Charles Severance Being Held on 'Sham' Charges
- Gov. McAuliffe Signs Extradition Order for 'Person of Interest' in Alexandria Killings
- Prosecutor: Charles Severance Served With Extradition Warrant
- Charles Severance's Attorney Asks to Delay Extradition Hearing to April 24
- FBI, Police Search Water for Evidence in Connection with Three Alexandria Homicides
- Woman Reportedly Purchased Guns for Severance; Public Defender, Again, Asks for His Release Under 'Sham' Charges
- Charles Severance, 'Person of Interest' in Alexandria Shootings, Due in Court
- Judge: Severance Must Return to Virginia
- Charles Severance Set to Be Extradited to Virginia