History buff? George Washington's home away from home — a townhouse in Old Town Alexandria — is for rent.
When he couldn't make it back to Mount Vernon, the country's first president lived at 508 Cameron St., between Pitt and St. Asaph streets. It's a two-minute walk to Christ Church, where Washington worshipped.
The house today is a reproduction of the original house, and sits on the original site.
GW used the house, primarily before the Revolution, as an office and to spend the night when he was in Alexandria for business or social reasons, according to the real estate listing on Zillow.com.
Here's a description of the home, courtesy of VisitAlexandria: "George Washington purchased this lot in 1763, and his town house was completed in 1769. He maintained an office with a secretary here to receive and accommodate belated visitors to Mt. Vernon. The house, noted for its simplicity of design, was torn down in 1855. In 1960, Gov. and Mrs. Richard Barrett Lowe had the house rebuilt on the original foundation, using bricks and stones from the excavation."
The three-level house, which features a large rear courtyard, has two bedrooms on the top level, the living room and dining room (one large room) on the main level, a kitchen and family room on the English basement level and a fireplace on each level.
There are two bathrooms, one with a bath and shower, and one with a shower only. At the rear of the lot is a large storage shed. Parking space included.
Interested? The house is for lease for $3,600. For more information, see the listing on Zillow.com.