FCPS made this announcement Sunday night in light of the approaching snow storm:
All Fairfax County public schools and offices will be closed on Monday, March 3. The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled:
- extracurricular activities
- interscholastic contests
- team practices
- field trips
- middle school after-school programs
- professional learning and training courses
- all adult and community education classes
- recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
As Northern Virginia awaits yet another snow storm, Patch is keeping an eye out for closings, cancellations and delays. If you would like to tell Patch readers about your closing, cancellation or delay (or if you plan to be open, that's good too!), feel free to list it in the Comments box below this story.
As Northern Virginia awaits yet another snow storm, Patch is keeping an eye out for closings, cancellations and delays. If you would like to tell Patch readers about your closing, cancellation or delay (or if you plan to be open, that's good to know too!), feel free to list it in the Comments box below this story.
The Town of Vienna offers emergency information, snow preparation tips, emergency announcements and snow removal information here.
- FEDERAL OFFICES in the Washington, DC, area are CLOSED for Monday. Emergency and telework-ready employees required to work must follow their agency's policies, including written telework agreements.
- required to telework,
- on official travel outside of the Washington, DC, area,
- on leave without pay, or
- on an alternative work schedule (AWS) day off.
Telework-Ready Employees who are scheduled to perform telework on the effective day of the announcement or who are required to perform telework on a day when Federal offices are closed must telework the entire workday or request leave, or a combination of both, in accordance with their agency's policies and procedures, subject to any applicable collective bargaining requirements.
Emergency Employees are expected to report to their worksite unless otherwise directed by their agencies.
- SUSPENDED: All Metrobus service (all routes, all lines) will be suspended Monday morning due to expected hazardous weather conditions.
Metro's Emergency Operations Center will monitor weather and road conditions during the day on Monday to determine when service may be restored. Bus service will only be restored when it is safe to do so. Customers are encouraged to sign up for MetroAlerts for their route to receive updates.
Buses are expected to continue running until the last scheduled trips tonight (Sunday).