- Whole Foods in Vienna will have new hours, starting Monday — 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily, the store announced on its Facebook page.
- Town Council Meeting, 8 p.m., Town Hall, 127 Center St. These meetings are open to the public, and citizens are encouraged to attend. You can see the agenda here.
- A work session will be held immediately following the Vienna Town Council’s regular meeting. The work session will discuss proposed renovation and improvement plans for the Vienna Community Center, including a discussion on the cost/benefit of incorporating a pool in the design. Town Council will not take formal action during the work session. The public is invited to attend the meeting; however, public comment is not permitted during work sessions.
- Jammin' Java's Mid-Atlantic Band Battle, 227 Maple Ave. in Vienna. The club is searching for the best bands of any genre from up-and-down the East Coast to prove that they have what it takes to win $2,500 cash, your own headlining show at Jammin' Java, Studio time at Cue Recording Studios with producer Jim Ebert, professional photo shoot by Act of Light, gift certificates and more for the top four bands.
- Windover Heights Board of Review, 7:30 p.m., Town Hall, 127 Center St.
- PFLAG Fairfax, a community group for Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, and FLY, a social group for LGBTQ youth and allies ages 12 (with parental permission) to 19, will meet Tuesday from 7:30-9 p.m. in the Program Building Congregation of Fairfax, 2709 Hunter Mill Road.
- Rotary Club of Vienna gets together for its weekly meeting from 12:15-1:30 p.m. at Westwood Country Club. This week's speaker is Jerry Olsen, executive director, Washington Redskins Alumni.
- Town/Business Liaison Committee, 8 p.m., Town Hall, 127 Center St.
- Tot Rock. All ages (family-friendly event). 10:30 a.m. Tot Rock is Jammin' Java's popular kids music concert series, providing wholesome family entertainment. Advance tickets recommended. Performing Thursday: The Great Zucchini; Friday: Rocknoceros; Saturday: Mr. Gabe $$
- Vienna Business Association Breakfast Meeting at American Legion Hall, 330 N. Center St., 8:30-10 a.m.
- Order leaf mulch this week (deliveries begin mid-January): Call to Order: Residents may call the Mulch Order Line at (703) 255-6388 and leave a message or the Public Works Administration office at (703) 255-6382 to order mulch starting December 2 (the first business day in December this year). Deliveries will begin mid-January.
Order Online Residents may submit a request for ground leaf mulch online by completing the Mulch Order Form beginning December 2. Deliveries will begin mid-January.
Self Pick-Up: Residents may pick up mulch themselves in any amount during posted hours between January 2 and March 31 every year. The mulch is stored on town property located at 442 Beulah Road NE. When traveling to pick up mulch, look for the sign that says free leaf mulch.